New 2B issues

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ohmslaw
Active

New 2B issues

Post by ohmslaw »

Just unwrapped new 2B, installed battery and turned the unit on, no electrodes plugged in. Green LED by A channel port. LCD is just full of solid boxes. Ive played with contrast thinking it may just have been too high and can make the boxes disappear but I see no text in the display.

Any ideas?

admin
Site Admin

Re: New 2B issues

Post by admin »

Really sorry to hear this, as that does not sound good.

The green will be from the backlight, but the blocked display - i'm assuming on a single line? or both? both normally indicated contrast, but a single line is either a borked processor or the processor might have been dislodged in transit.

I can only apologise, but if you drop info@e-stim.co.uk an email and the team can arrange a return & replacement

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
ohmslaw
Active

Post by ohmslaw »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:41 am Really sorry to hear this, as that does not sound good.

The green will be from the backlight, but the blocked display - i'm assuming on a single line? or both? both normally indicated contrast, but a single line is either a borked processor or the processor might have been dislodged in transit.

I can only apologise, but if you drop info@e-stim.co.uk an email and the team can arrange a return & replacement

Si
Its just a single line line of solid blocks on the top row.

Ive been trying to work with the USA vendor to save on shipping a brand new unit over the pond but aside from them asking for a video (I supplied them an image on initial contact) I haven't gotten any response :(
ohmslaw
Active

Post by ohmslaw »

Just a warning, the USA retailer is still ghosting me on this issue. Apparently they dont honor their 30 day RMA/defect policy so be careful where you buy from. Feel free to DM me if you want the retailers name so you dont face the same issues.

E-stim stepped up and in 2 business days I have my 2B going in for repair so they stand behind their product.
ElderBuzz
Active

Post by ElderBuzz »

Ohmslaw,
Am a 2B owner since May, have run into this problem a few times already. First time, I replaced the battery with a fresh one and turned unit back on and all was fine! Another time it happened and I turned off box, plugged in the mains adapter, turned back on and VIOLA, was back in business. Don't know what causes it, but these two approaches worked for me!

BTW I had another issue with the ADJUST knob slipping, got great service from Kay at E-stim Sys, but didn't activate the return due to shipping cost from US to UK plus the problem stopped after a couple of weeks. She mentioned that dust/dirt can get into the knob. Must have been my problem. A Life-Time warranty is great as long as the company stays in business AND you don't have to pay $60US shipping to get warranty service! Oh well, let the buyer beware!!! Good Luck to you, sir.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Block display is generally down to the display not being initialized, which can occur from the processor being unseated, or something else not connecting properly - it is hard to define until we see the unit back.

Unfortunately shipping is the bane of our existence We have been around for nearly 20 years, and hope to be around for a lot longer, and things are looking good from our end, but we will continue to support our customers as long as we can, even when we supersede a unit. We still see Series 1 and Series 2 units from time to time, and we still support them.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
carlosjose88

Post by carlosjose88 »

I received my 2B about a week ago and have been trying to connect to Estim Connect ever since. I get a pop up saying 2B could not be found or no response from 2B. I tried a different cable from Amazon but got the same results. Today I ran an audio file and only channel A is providing output. It seems like the audio jack is bad. Should I return the unit or is there something else I can do to fix the issue or further test to narrow down the problem? I have the latest firmware and latest version of Estim Connect installed from the download page. I tried to connect via Commander and it seemed to connect but when I changed settings on the Commander screen there was no change to the output. Any suggestions on how to proceed are appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My first comment is 'you used a different cable from amazon'.... that is not a great start and the Digital Link is not a simple cable but has a pile of electronics inside, and we have seen other cables damage the digital link system.

Our first comment is normally have you contacted the support team and they can walk you through the steps to narrow down the issue - drop an email to info@e-stim.co.uk with some details

You say only channel A is providing output. Do you mean the Channel B barograph is not showing or it is and there is no output. What happens if you press the cable in gently to the audio socket? Are you sure the audio is stereo and not mono?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
carlosjose88

Post by carlosjose88 »

I appreciate your response as I really want to get this figured out. After reading through everything I could find online on the site and forums, I didn't see anything saying a different cable could damage the unit so I didn't give it a second thought. I was trying to troubleshoot with a friend who has the same unit and thought it would rule out the bad cable. Not a great start indeed.. My bad... But it wasn't working from the start.
Thanks for sending the support team email.. I'll work with them to get a resolution.
There is output from channel b using the on board modes. When I switched to the stereo mode using audio files there was only output sensation on channel a. I tried about 10 different audio files. When I'd swap the leads from channel a to channel b the sensation would move to the other leads plugged into channel a. No sensation from channel b.
I did try to see if pressing the cable in slowly would make a difference in how the plug made a connection with the jack but it didn't help.
Would a mono file only output on one channel?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll let the support team talk you through the steps..

A mono file might only show on one channel if it was being played as stereo, they do funny things, and it was just one thing that came to mind at the time

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd