2B Quit

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
longhorn01
Active

2B Quit

Post by longhorn01 »

My 2B died during a filmware update. I got it to take the first part of the update, then when I tried to load the second half, it quit, said there was an error. It will not turn on, or show up on the port list. I tried disconnecting the power, battery for 15 minutes to see if that would reset it. Right now it is just a dead unit that does not even come on. Unit was received in July of 2020. I am at a loss as to what to do.

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B Quit

Post by admin »

Simply re run the update process again, making sure you follow the instructions exactly, step by step. Exactly what was the 'Error' you saw?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
longhorn01
Active

Post by longhorn01 »

When it Quit, the display is totally dark. The computer can not find the unit on any port. I tried rebooting the computer, and no luck. When I went to load the second half of the update, that is when I got the error message. After that every thing went to lunch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

longhorn01 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:44 pm When it Quit, the display is totally dark. The computer can not find the unit on any port. I tried rebooting the computer, and no luck. When I went to load the second half of the update, that is when I got the error message. After that every thing went to lunch.
Generally when a 2B fails during the update process the bootloader still works - and the update process does not effect the bootloader. So you need to do it boot into bootloader mode (press and hold select, then turn the 2B on), Then plug the Digital Link in, NOT before and then try the firmware install again.

what was the error message?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
longhorn01
Active

Post by longhorn01 »

The unit has a black screen, if you just turn it on. However it will go into boot screen. The uplink can not find the unit on any port, but if you pull up Commander, it will find the unit and port. Commander will not allow you to control anything, Uplink keeps saying " No response from 2B".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you only get the boot screen, then only UpLink will work as you have trashed the Firmware. You might need to press the button a couple of times to get UpLink to find the 2B. Also you could post the log from uplink.

What version of UpLink are you running?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd