Microphone and Stereo mode

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cosphi

Microphone and Stereo mode

Post by cosphi »

Hello,
I have two questions regarding the audio inputs (mic and line in)

1) The stereo mode is working, but the display is flickering all the time. Is this normal?
2) The microphone mode is a little bit strange for me. The sound must be really loud (even with x4 sensitvity) to get a higher level.... Also, when there is absolute silence, the outputs are on, not to strong but continuous. On the E-Stim Remote the mic behavior is much more than expected.
Is this normal?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Microphone and Stereo mode

Post by admin »

cosphi wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:22 am Hello,
I have two questions regarding the audio inputs (mic and line in)

1) The stereo mode is working, but the display is flickering all the time. Is this normal?
Yes. It is down to the amount of processing the 2B is running when in audio mode
2) The microphone mode is a little bit strange for me. The sound must be really loud (even with x4 sensitvity) to get a higher level.... Also, when there is absolute silence, the outputs are on, not to strong but continuous. On the E-Stim Remote the mic behavior is much more than expected.
Is this normal?
Generally yes, although the response is highly depending on the acyual sound. amplifiers also pick up low level base noise which is why generally in microphone mode there is some backgorund noise picked up.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

cosphi wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:22 am 1) The stereo mode is working, but the display is flickering all the time. Is this normal?
As Admin has said, some degree of flickering is normal. But sometimes it can be caused by the volume level on your source being too high. Ideally the levels shown by the bars on each channel should generally be 75% or less. Feed a louder signal to the box and you'll lose some of the detail. It's worth taking the time to find the best balance between the input signal and the levels selected on the A and B knobs.
Robby14
Active

Post by Robby14 »

I have a problem of this type: in stereo mode with the audio cable connected to the PC the Estim commands go crazy, they are not manageable, to be able to select the mode I have to disconnect the cable and reinsert it, furthermore the adjust command works very badly, all of this is normal ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Robby14 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:18 am I have a problem of this type: in stereo mode with the audio cable connected to the PC the Estim commands go crazy, they are not manageable, to be able to select the mode I have to disconnect the cable and reinsert it, furthermore the adjust command works very badly, all of this is normal ?
sounds like you are massively over driving the audio levels....try dropping them down

Admin
E-Stim Systems Ltd