2B never happened... Which Box would you use?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2B never happened... Which Box would you use?

Post by admin »

skysearcher wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:27 pm I didnt see anybody talking about the 312, or am I getting senile? ;-) :ugeek:
Nope but if you look at 90% of the posts regarding the 2B outside in social media land when any comparison comes up, it generally is compared with the 312. And the comments were more general, as was the original question.

Si

E-Stim Systems Ltd
hotluck
Active

Post by hotluck »

No, don't need to discuss how to build a Box or how a box works. We all react differently to Estim play, I'm looking for the esoteric (intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.) awareness to Boxes other than a 2B box. I've had the 2B for just over a year. I haven't experienced all it can do but I'm asking for other peeps thoughts/feelings about other Boxes I've no knowledge/experience.

I've no desire to beatdown any particular Box. I had an ET232 for 3 years. So, Tens, ET-232 and 2B over total of 17 years of off and on playtime. Asking the Stim group of their experiences. Not argue which Box is Best. Maybe a path taken with just the Pro's of each Box, reasons for experimenting with other devices, etc. How would I know what I'm missing if I never ask? Over 1,000 flavors of ice cream. Not enough time to try them all.

Peace Out.
HL
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No issue with asking. :-) We see lots of boxes out there full of ideas but less so when they come to actually being made. Obviously we are looking at the next incantation of the 2B, and even the one after than, became that is what we do, but we too look at everything else and wonder if it would be a good idea. A lot of the time it comes down to what you are looking for in a box and then find out if things will fit with that - what comes first the box or what you want in a box? the choice is always going to be down to you, we just try to fit in with that :-)

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

hotluck wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:50 pm … I'm looking for the esoteric (...) awareness to Boxes other than a 2B box…

Peace Out.
HL
I appreciate the intention of this thread, but, given the other options, discussing substitutions for the 2B box is not possible. The only other box competing in the 2B market is the $800 ErosTek 312 and I don’t consider it competitive enough for me to buy. Too big, heavy, outdated, and expensive. So, without the 2B, we are completely without any power box to bring up to answer your question.
Onwrikbaar
Active

Post by Onwrikbaar »

admin wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:37 am Does the 312 have the ability to [...] play across the internet?
Actually it does. Several years ago I wrote a program called Dweeb that controls the ET312, ET232 and ES-2B, in addition to electromagnets and a few other things, across the internet. It runs on macOS and Raspberry Pi and it is free.

In fact, I plan on resuming development of Dweeb in 2024, so it will also support my powerful open source e-stim box :)
Onwrikbaar
Active

Post by Onwrikbaar »

hotluck wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm If you didn't have a 2B, what power box would you use?
Even when I still owned a 2B, I found myself using my own (pulse-based) designs/builds for almost all of my play. The past three years or so the commercial boxes I owned just gathered dust, so I sold most of them.