2.10 update

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estim_si
Staff

2.10 update

Post by estim_si »

The firmware update 2.10 is now out with no reported issues (so far). This mainly fixes the Throb/thrust issue and a couple of other minor bugs. It can be downloaded at http://www.e-stim.co.uk/link Rather that wait months for updates we have decided we are going to release faster updates with smaller changes - so you can get the latest offerings... sooner!!!

Di

estim_si
Staff

2.10 update

Post by estim_si »

2.103 has now been released. At the moment the upgrade to 2.103 is not possible from 2.09 unless you go the replacement IC route, but I am working on it.

Si
electroscott

Re: 2.10 update

Post by electroscott »

New E-Stim 2B user, not new to e-stim. Great unit.

Just received my new 2B w/ firmware V2.103 on it. Thinking that I needed to " upgrade" my firmware for Commander 1.3 to V2.09 (doooh!) I installed Updater and loaded v2.09 on my new 2B box that came with 2.103. Commander works, but I wanted to know if, since my version shipped with 2.103 out of the box, I have to send my unit in to the factory in order to install 2.103 when the firmware is officially released (with Commander v1.4 if I read correctly).

If 2.103 works with Commander 1.3, is it possible to download that version into my (newly) downgraded 2.09 firmware and restore it to its first firmware version?

Thanks for the info, and tons of thanks for making the great stim unit.

--Scott
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh Dear...

You will either need to ship it back to us, or purchase a replacement IC, as although commander works, you will find the update function has been corrupted because of the 'downgrade'. I'll look at trying to make the whole system on the website a little clearer, but I would stick with it until 2.104 is released, which will make the booktloader/update system much simpler to use and far more robust.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
electroscott

Post by electroscott »

All good. Thank you for your response. I'll wait for V2.104 and will run the current v2.09. I assume at that point I will order a replacement IC so that I can use 2.104 and higher.

And BTW, after a couple days' of heavy, um, use of my new E-Stim Systems 2B, all I can say is wowza (insert HUGE smile here!). I have three units now and yours is making me glow :) Thank you for the great tool.
pimento
Active

Post by pimento »

Hi, will Uplink 1.4 be released at any point to allow the firmware to be upgraded without replacing the IC?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It on its way. I'm currently testing it with the new bootloader and 2.104, as we are planning to release the Mac version at the same time, Hopefully before Christmas

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
admin
Site Admin

2.10 update

Post by admin »

Well we spent more time with commander for both the PC and the mac, so once we have cleared the Christmas orders, I will be back on the firmware project.
E-Stim Systems Ltd
pimento
Active

Post by pimento »

How's the Uplink 1.4 and Firmware 2.10 coming along? I love my 2B, but would love it even more without the throb/thrust issues and the issues of using it with the Mac Commander software. Thanks.
estim_si
Staff

2.10 update

Post by estim_si »

The tribe and thrust issue was solved in 2.103, and even 2.09 will work with the latest versions of commander.

We are now in final testing and a rewrite of uplink, but 2.104 with the new bootloader system should be out by the end of the month.

Si