Different modes on the 2 channels

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Mike London

Post by Mike London »

Hi all
I have just purchased the 2B and a few attachments and find the unit etc. great. There is just one thing that I would like to have to improve it, and was wondering if it was being developed or had been asked about before. It is really good to have the 2 independant channels (A & B), but it would be even better if it was possible to run a different mode on each channel at the same time e.g. 'Thrust' on Channnel A and 'Waterfall on Channel B. This would be good if you were using both attachments or were sharing with a 'friend'. Is this something that E Stim are looking in to (or have done) as an additional download, or is it something that nobody has asked for before?

estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

It's something we are looking at. Because of the complexity of some of the modes, not all the modes would be available in such a system, but the majority do lend themselves.

Si
ZaphodB

Re: Different modes on the 2 channels

Post by ZaphodB »

estim_si wrote:It's something we are looking at. Because of the complexity of some of the modes, not all the modes would be available in such a system, but the majority do lend themselves.

Si
Is this still in consideration? I would love to have that :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is, but its more complex than you might expect and will need a complete code rewrite, which is planned for sometime next year. At the moment firmware updates are progressive and one build on the previous, but in order to have truly split channels we would have to start from a clean design and look to write more 'modular' modes. Its planned but not yet

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Luke

Post by Luke »

Mike London wrote:This would be good if you were using both attachments or were sharing with a 'friend'.
I am a new 2B owner patiently waiting for the UPS driver to deliver my order today. So, I was going through the forum to learn everything I could when I came across this thread. I took an e-stim class (that was interesting ;) )and have read a couple of books, etc. to educate myself on safety, setup, set my expectations, etc. The comment above caught my attention because everything I have learned to date suggest you should never share the same power box with someone else. I was surprised when I didn't see any response to the comment, so I had to question.....

Is it safe to actually share the box with a one person setup on each of the isolated channels? If so, is this because the channels are isolated?

Please forgive my ignorance if the answer seems obvious to you...I'm relatively new to e-stim, and the comment is in direct conflict with what I was taught.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

isolated channels do allow you to use the box with two people, and even if they touch there will be no electrical connection or current flow. This is NOT the case if you are using any form of triphase.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Luke

Post by Luke »

admin wrote:isolated channels do allow you to use the box with two people, and even if they touch there will be no electrical connection or current flow. This is NOT the case if you are using any form of triphase.
WooHoo! I thought that might be the case, but the "experts" at the local shop where we took the class told me absolutely not. I am guessing they were either ill informed, or were attempting to make sure we purchased 2 of their boxes (which are yours, but they don't stock the 2B).

Thank you for the prompt reply. You made my day...now if that darned UPS driver would just hurry up and get here! - Thank you!