Triphase

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jimbeam
Active

Re: Triphase

Post by jimbeam »

bondagefan65 wrote:So, is the triphase cable simply 2 standard cables with the Black/common connection joined to create 3 points?

Or am I missing something?

Yes I think you are right.
I don't believe that a Triphase cable has some "extra magic" in it - only the pricing is a little "extraordinary"...

hawkeye
Active

Post by hawkeye »

The newest Triphase cable has a black wire and a red wire (are these the active outputs?) and then a blue. Is the blue then the commen connection or ? just trying to find out why that cable is blue :)
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

The black is the common.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
CompletelyFried
Active

Post by CompletelyFried »

I have the TriPhase cable. When I connect the three colours in a different way, the feeling changes, so everything works. But the descriptioin of TriPhase, that you could feel the current move in a completely different way, with different sensations from the normal connections, I don't feel that. Am I doing something wrong? What would be a set up to experience the specific characteristics of triphase? Not necessarily someting that feel great, but something that shows what the difference is.
jwiz1437
Active

Post by jwiz1437 »

In 2 channel mode there is no common between the channels so it feels like two distinct signals. In triphase mode the channels share a common connection (normally black) and a virtual 3rd signal is created by the difference between the channels. You won't experience the full 3rd signal unless the channels have a common connection.

The E-stim triphase cable has the channel black as common. If you connect using an alternate method there are technically 4 ways to connect the channels; Black A to Black B (normal triphase), Red A to Black B, Red A to Red B and Black A to Red B. The 3rd signal will exist in all 4 configurations but will be feel different for each and may be pleasurable or not. Without measuring the actual outputs I can't predict what the differences will be.

Note with the right software the triphase effect can also be created for the audio input. This gives a range of stimulation signals limited only by the imagination.

I hope this explanation helps understand how triphase works.
steeltoepower
Active

Post by steeltoepower »

The original 3Phase Cable works perfect.
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

jwiz1437 wrote:The E-stim triphase cable has the channel black as common. If you connect using an alternate method there are technically 4 ways to connect the channels; Black A to Black B (normal triphase), Red A to Black B, Red A to Red B and Black A to Red B. The 3rd signal will exist in all 4 configurations but will be feel different for each and may be pleasurable or not. Without measuring the actual outputs I can't predict what the differences will be.
Is the Sensation of Connecting Black A to Black B in any way different than Connection Red A to Red B?

Does it really make sense to connect - as further Options - Red to Black? What Kind of Sensation is connected with this? Does it not endanger the 2B?
jwiz1437
Active

Post by jwiz1437 »

Stef19 wrote: Is the Sensation of Connecting Black A to Black B in any way different than Connection Red A to Red B?
Yes the sensation will be different connecting red A to red B. Exactly how is difficult to say since it depends on the triphase signal.
Stef19 wrote: Does it really make sense to connect - as further Options - Red to Black? What Kind of Sensation is connected with this?
There are actually 4 triphase connection options:

A black to B black (typical connection)
A black to B red
A red to B black
A red to B red

The sensation for each combination will be different and depends on the triphase signal.
Stef19 wrote: Does it not endanger the 2B?
No, the outputs of the 2B are fully isolated and can be connected together in all 4 configurations.
goldfrog
Active

Post by goldfrog »

It might be simpler to just buy a tri-phase cable, but I'm into DIY and so made one up. Here's how:

Ingredients:
You need two 3.5mm mono plugs—I bought metal ones; a metre-and-a-half of shielded cable—I bought 50 ohm because it was fairly flexible; two red and one black 4mm banana plugs—I bought straight ones, but should have bought 90 degree angled ones. You also need a soldering iron, solder and I recommend heat-shrink tubing.

Method:
Cut the cable in half, and strip off about 20cm (8 inches) of the outer sheath, exposing the shield. Separate the shield from each of the internal cables carefully, join the two shields together (for their entire length) and feed the joined shields into a length of heat shrink tubing, leaving about 5mm exposed at the end. Shrink the tubing onto the shield and solder the black banana plug to its exposed end—I don't need to explain to place the cover over the heat-shrinked shield first ...

Take the two inner cables, and solder the end of each to a red banana plug.

Now there are two cables with 'open' ends, and two 3.5mm plugs left, one for each. Solder the open ends of the two cables—the bits with shield intact around the core—to the 3.5mm plugs. The inner core must be soldered to the tip of the plug, the shield to the longer part (called the ring). If the core is 'thin', strengthen it by applying some heat shrink along its length before soldering.

And there you have it. I have had great success with one of the red ends connected to just one of the E-STIM straps around my cock shaft, and the two plugs—the black and the red—connected to an anally inserted E-STIM moaner, the red plug to the centre.

Enjoy!! :P (Or, if it's all too hard, order a tri-phase cable now!) :oops:

Update: you may be able to use ordinary unshielded two-core cable. And try it with the black plug to the centre too! ;)
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

Thank you to jwiz1437 and Goldfrog. Since I have been technically offline for a couple of weeks, I have been reading your answers just now. Thank you for your hints. I am going to try it in January (in preparation for a PSA-test I unfortunately have to restrict myself for some time... :( )