Stereo response changing spontaneously?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jimbobalina
Active

Stereo response changing spontaneously?

Post by jimbobalina »

I'm seeing the "response" value in stereo mode change spontaneously when playing some audio files. Some seem to cause it to go lower, and other higher. Some audio files don't cause it to change at all.

Is this expected or is there a fault somewhere?

The 2B is a few weeks old with firmware 2.104. Connected using the supplied cable to the headphone jack of a Macbook if it matters.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stereo response changing spontaneously?

Post by admin »

It's not something that I have ever seen, before - is it repeatable? How much is it changing?
E-Stim Systems Ltd
silicum
Developer

Post by silicum »

Funny, i've recently seen this as well.

I hooked the box up to a Macbook Pro, which I wanted to use as audio source.
Turned out one of the channels did not work, and the response value started changing as soon as I started the audio. I'm also using firmware 2.104.
Maybe it has something to do with the jack socket in the mac (it supports more than just audio, it can also have a mic + volume buttons in the cable).
It does work with an iPhone and a normal PC however, so I don't know whats the exact difference.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I will have a poke when I'm back in the UK next week, I'm assuming this is 2.104? How much is the adjustment changing by? Is the input saturated when it happens?
E-Stim Systems Ltd
jimbobalina
Active

Post by jimbobalina »

It'll go all the way to 99 within 10 to 20 seconds.

With the volume turned down this doesn't seem happen, so yes it may well be happening when the input is saturated.
AndrewB4

Post by AndrewB4 »

Mine do the same when I hook it to my laptop. Some audios increase the response, but slowly.

I'm using the FW 2.104 too.
silicum
Developer

Post by silicum »

I'd like to try again to provide you with more details, but is it safe for the box? (nothing shorting out or anything?)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It would be safe for the 2B, as the audio processing is all done in software. My thought I'd overloading the input is possibly generating rogue pulses on the adjustment control, but in 5 years I'm never seen it before
E-Stim Systems Ltd
jimbobalina
Active

Post by jimbobalina »

Glad I'm not the only one!

10-20 seconds might actually be overstating the rate. I'll time it when I have the chance.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll set up a test rig when I get back (currently on holiday!), so settings and a track would be useful, a video even better
E-Stim Systems Ltd