LCD change

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
neo80
Active Developer

LCD change

Post by neo80 »

I just want to know it it's possible to change the black lcd module for a green one, to make it possible to be read without backlight. I know I could change it, but i dont want to void warranty, so I'd like to know how much would cost it (if you can do that)

I want to change this:
FOW7UVBH8I44EG4.MEDIUM.jpg

by this one:
16x2-Character-LCD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Site Admin

Re: LCD change

Post by admin »

Its not something we would do, as the cost would be prohibitive, and its not part of our current design.

incidentally both the LCDs show are operating with a backlight. have you tried adjusting the contrast on your current 2B?

Why do you want to change? The original 2B did have a green screen, as did the Series 2 before it but people liked the blue, finding it to be clearer, and we stuck to it.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
neo80
Active Developer

Re: LCD change

Post by neo80 »

admin wrote: Why do you want to change? The original 2B did have a green screen, as did the Series 2 before it but people liked the blue, finding it to be clearer, and we stuck to it.
It's because I find it more readable with backlight turned off. Just a personal preference, don't worry about it. I saw in the shop pictures the green screen.
Also tried to change contrast, but without backlight there's no difference