Updated Python API for E-stim 2B

The place for discussion about 3rd party software and hardware for the 2B. Post in the board for support and questions. Please NOTE support for 3rd party software and hardware is only available from the authors. Appearance of products or posts in this section does not imply any endorsement or connection (formal or informal) with E-Stim Systems Ltd. Use of such items may invalidate your 2B guarantee.
Forum rules
Please NOTE support for 3rd party software and hardware is only available from the authors.

Appearance of products or posts in this section does not imply any endorsement or connection (formal or informal) with E-Stim Systems Ltd. Use of such items may invalidate your 2B guarantee.
estimbird
Active Developer

Re: Updated Python API for E-stim 2B

Post by estimbird » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm

JerryLee06 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am
thx to all!

I got it. I made a very stupid mistake, but now I got it.
great :P :)

What COM port have you used?

estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 pm

birdburdy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 pm
Oh, what's the default port that the 2B gets assigned on Windows? I'll add this as an autodetect.
great idea :) Hopefully there is a default one ...

Have just looked here https://e-stim.info/commander/pc

JerryLee06
Active

Post by JerryLee06 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm

estimbird wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm
JerryLee06 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:14 am
thx to all!

I got it. I made a very stupid mistake, but now I got it.
great :P :)

What COM port have you used?
For me it is COM3

cbrown334
Active

Post by cbrown334 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm

I'm incredibly excited to try this out... and grateful to you for putting the time in to making it.

I've just bought a 2B (first estim device ever) purely because of the ability to control it from software. I plan to have a lot of fun remote controlling it, and just so happen to be pretty handy with python ;)

I was pondering whether I was going to have to spend weeks reverse engineering the protocol: apparently not! Did you have any trouble reversing the comms? Does the API cover everything the 2B can do?

birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 am

cbrown334 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm
I'm incredibly excited to try this out... and grateful to you for putting the time in to making it.

I've just bought a 2B (first estim device ever) purely because of the ability to control it from software. I plan to have a lot of fun remote controlling it, and just so happen to be pretty handy with python ;)

I was pondering whether I was going to have to spend weeks reverse engineering the protocol: apparently not! Did you have any trouble reversing the comms? Does the API cover everything the 2B can do?
I didn't reverse engineer the protocol. E-stim system provide the protocol to developers.

And yes the API covers everything the 2B can do, while adding more functionality on top.
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth

estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:56 pm

cbrown334 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm

E-Stim systems is nice enough to provide the commands in the developers board, you can program your own stuff with a raspberry pi and a USB - TTL -> audio cable pretty easily if you know python. Pretty much anything is possible.

paulfw
Active

Post by paulfw » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks for this! You basically did all the hard work for me, now I can just make a pi zero backpack or something and start playing right away. I had a look at your code and it looks pretty neat. I will probably be looking into making a slow ramp up that's easy to control, maybe just with a rotary encoder or possibly even just a cli tool.